Friday, May 2, 2008

Linux-d

I recently got myself a dell preloaded with ubuntu (gutsy gibbon) instead of windows (vista,xp). (Why? because I didn't want to spend on something that I could have got a pirated copy off and also because I had heard some good things about these ubuntu-d dell systems.)

My previous experience with Linux has been Mandrake and Fedora Core 2. (For those who are wondering now what am talking about, Mandrake and Fedora are Linux distributions.) Ubuntu was totally new to me and I have been using it for the past week now. It has been quite an experience using Ubuntu and I doubt that I'll be using Windows as my main OS anytime in the future now. I have got almost all the stuff that I would need running on Ubuntu.

All I'll say in the end is if you have the patience then Linux is the way to go. Everything one may need is out there, you just need to wade through it a bit.

1 comment:

Praveen Krishnan said...

ubandhu,

so you have started haan :-)